In June 1782 the Eagle was chosen as our National Bird.
Most of us are aware of the Eagle’s Majestic look and his undeniable strength.
(This is when I wish I owned a better camera)
These two attributes are enough to make us in awe over this bird.
But I would like to look and consider the other features of the bird we call the Eagle.
- FEARLESS The Eagle never surrenders to their prey. It never considers the size or strength of its prey before attacking.
- INTEGRATED The Eagle will never mix with other birds except another eagle.
- DILIGENT The Eagle is never content to be in one spot.
- PHENOMENAL VISION The Eagle has clarity of vision up to 50 feet away.
- NURTURING The Eagle is gentle and attentive to their young.
The most interesting feature of this majestic bird is their reaction to an incoming storm. When all the other birds are fleeing for shelter from the storm, the Eagle spreads its wings to take advantage of the situation. In which the winds lift him to higher heights; as he rises above the storm.
I want to be FEARLESS. I want to be INTEGRATED (there is a difference between friends, acquaintances and companions. Companions are those who travel the same path. Friends are those we meet along the way. Integrated means being tied together by a common thread). I want to be DILIGENT – not content. I want to have PHENOMENAL VISION which can only occur as I stay in the Word. And may I at all cost be NURTURING to my fellow believer.
May all my storms cause me to SOAR.
references: nairaland forum